These easy, no bake sugar free Buckeye (Peanut Butter) Fat Bomb Bars are the perfect keto, low carb treat!
WHAT IS A BUCKEYE?
Buckeyes are actually small, shiny, brown nuts with a tan patch in the center that comes from the official state tree of Ohio. Apparently they are supposed to resemble the eye of a deer and those carrying the nuts will have good luck. I am not sure when the tradition of turning these nuts into an edible, delicious chocolate covered peanut butter ball happened, but I am so glad it did!
I have a more traditional Buckeye ball recipe on my website for those that want that authentic look, but turning them into bars was something I knew I needed to created for my new cookbook, Naturally Keto. A layered peanut butter chocolate layer that is the perfect sugar free holiday dessert and no baking required!
WHAT IS A FAT BOMB?
Fat bombs are one of the best ways to get in a delicious fat snack on your keto diet keeping you satiated and satisfied. You can actually enjoy a fat bomb every day if you so wish. Fat bombs can include any nuts, nut butters or seeds and seed butters with some form of healthy fat like coconut oil, avocado oil or butter or even cream cheese. Some fat bombs can even be fruity like my Blackberry Fat Bombs. Some can be more savory like my Turmeric Fat Bombs. But today this recipe is complete and total decadence! The best combo in the world in my opinion, chocolate and peanut butter!
Keto baking doesn't have to be a tedious task when you have some fabulous recipes you can make ahead and this recipe is no exception. You can prepare it ahead and wrap it well to freeze until you want to serve it.
Here are some other wonderful recipes you can make ahead of time:
- Pecan Snowballs
- Sugarless Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Cream Pie (Yes I have actually frozen this and thawed 2 days before serving, worked wonderfully!)
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake
NATURALLY KETO COOKBOOK
(PLEASE NOTE STEP 3)
If you did purchase a copy of my cookbook already, I greatly appreciate it! I do need to mention that when you see this recipe in your cookbook, step 3 is missing the step where you should chill the peanut butter layer. I specifically decided to share a video and this recipe on my blog for this very reason, to correct that missing step in the book. It will be corrected in the future copies. But please accept my apologies for discovering this after the first printing.
KETO PEANUT BUTTER FAT BOMB BARS
Buckeye Fat Bomb Bars
- Place parchment paper into an 8 by 8 baking pan.
- In a bowl mix together the peanut butter and butter, once combined and smooth and in flour, vanilla extract and stevia. Stir well and spread into baking pan. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes or freeze for 15.
- In another bowl place chocolate chips and salt. Heat cream in a small sauce pan on stove over medium until until bubbles start to form around edges. Pour cream over chocolate and let sit 5 minutes then whisk together until smooth. Pour over peanut butter and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate until set about 30 minutes. Keep refrigerated to store.