Today is not going to be a restful day as I usually like to enjoy but it will be productive!! Food prepping for the week ahead is essential today as the 3 kiddies and I will be having cubscout day camp all week. Yep, I’m the den leader, rain or shine we are all going. Heat wave or not, yep, we will be outside. We will love every minute of it (well maybe they will more than I, but I do it for the memories!) 🙂
So I’ve got the hubby doing a lot of grilling this week for us and I just don’t want to come home from being outside all day and have to cook inside and heat up the kitchen. I’ve got only one new dinner recipe planned this week and a a new make ahead breakfast recipe for myself I can’t share yet but that’s about all I can handle this week!
So you’ll see me posting my usual recipes in the early morning and you most likely will not see any comments form me till late afternoon or evening since they do not allow us to use our phones except for picture taking. But If you’re on Instagram or Twitter with me, you’ll catch more of my everyday pics of my life. It’s a lot easier to upload pics to Instagram than FB so I post more there, I hope you’ll follow me!
Here’s what’s cooking this week at our house!
- Strawberry Honey Scones (replacing with blueberries instead)
- Personalized Baked Oatmeal- once for breakfast and the rest for snacking
- Banana Bread Muffins-2x
- cereal & fruit-2x
- Scrambled Eggs, Toast, Nitrate Free Bacon
- Grilled Cornish Hens, mashed potatoes, grilled zucchini/squash, fennel salad
- From my freezer meatballs, brown rice pasta, broccoli
- Crock Pot Shredded Chicken to make quesadillas
- Grilled Pork Chops with Mango Chutney (new)
- Meatloaf, boiled red potatoes, steamed broccollini
- Date Night- Kids at a karate party
- Grilled Steak, Corn on the cob, Veggies & potato in foil pouches on grill
Have a fabulous week ahead friends!