This Low Carb Buffalo Sloppy Joe recipe is the perfect easy, weeknight meal for a family! Simple ingredients and tons of flavor!
I sometimes tend to get on a ingredient roll.
Meaning I start creating recipes resolving around one particular ingredient I just so happen to be loving at the moment.
Current moment: Buffalo Sauce!
I don't know how it started or maybe I do, it was all the Super Bowl's fault.
I was thinking of spicy recipes to make using buffalo sauce and now I just can't seem to stop with it.
A few of my favorites:
- Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Low Carb Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- and I've got a few more in the works coming soon!
I served this to my family on my Low Carb Grain Free Italian Sandwich Buns.
My daughter hates all things spicy so before I added the hot sauce at the end, I made sure to scoop out a serving for her to enjoy without the spice. The boys and hubby loved it, not too spicy, just right!
Serve with a side of freshly cut celery and carrots and some blue cheese dressing to dip or ranch dressing if you like and dinner is done in less than 30 minutes!
- If you prefer ground beef as opposed to ground turkey, that's just fine. It will however increase your calories and fat.
- The natural sugars below are from the tomato sauce.
- If using ground beef I would replace the chicken broth with beef broth.
- Nutrition info doesn't include the optional blue cheese crumbles or using the bun.
- This is the recipe for the low carb buns I used above: Grain Free Low Carb Italian Herb Cheese Sandwich Buns
- I used Archie Moore Sugar-Free Buffalo Sauce and I found it at my local supermarket.
Low Carb Buffalo Sloppy Joe's
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon organic Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon Buffalo sauce
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth low sodium
- optional toppings: blue cheese crumbles ranch dressing, buffalo sauce
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and cook the turkey until browned, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic and celery and cook another 7-8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the vinegar, worcestershire, buffalo sauce, tomato sauce and broth.
- Combine well and bring to a low simmer.
- Spoon onto low carb buns and top with optional blue cheese crumbles, ranch dressing and more buffalo sauce if desired.