These Delicious Chocolate Waffles are gluten free, grain free, low carb, protein filled and absolutely perfect for breakfast or dessert! Thank you to Horizon Organic for sponsoring this post.
I’m always looking for breakfast ideas for my family. Often we are on the go and I need to have some breakfast options ready in the fridge for my kids. This recipe is one I make often to have ready in the fridge or even in the freezer so my kids can help me by helping themselves in the kitchen.
Some other fabulous make ahead breakfasts for any busy morning are my Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins, Paleo English Muffins, Crock Pot Granola, Blueberry English Muffin Loaf or these Bacon Egg Muffin Tops!
I’ve learned along this journey of parenting, that if I don’t prepare snacks and meals ahead of time, it’s too easy to choose unhealthy fast foods. When I make ahead foods and snacks, I’m happier knowing I’ve prepared something healthy and my kids are more than happy to eat what I’ve got readily available for them.
When you think of chocolate for breakfast, do you cringe a little as it seems like a guilty pleasure? I don’t. Not when I know how to include it into a protein filled breakfast like the one I’m sharing today!
But not only can these be enjoyed for breakfast, they can be served as dessert too! Enjoy with some Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, Coffee Chocolate Crunch Ice Cream, or Peanut Butter Cheesecake Ice Cream and top with my Homemade Magic Shell!
It doesn’t take a lot to make a special breakfast for the family! I’m all about the best bang for my time in the kitchen and this recipe is a winner for that!
- The coffee extract is truly the best way to enhance any chocolate flavor in any recipe. I highly recommend using it and not eliminating it in this recipe.
- This has 1-2 tsp of stevia which means 1 tsp will be only mildly sweet and 2 tsp will be more like a traditional sweet waffle.
- If you don’t use stevia, Swerve is a good option and I would suggest using 1/2 -3/4 cup.
- If you don’t have chocolate stevia, vanilla would work as well.
Low Carb Chocolate Coconut Flour Waffles
- 6 eggs
- 8 ounces 250ml Horizon Organic Half & Half
- 2 tbsp Horizon Organic Butter softened
- 1/4 cup 31gcoconut flour
- 1/3 cup 28g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup 32g chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- 1-2 tsp chocolate liquid stevia
- optional toppings: Horizon Organic heavy cream for sugar-free whipped cream fresh raspberries, blackberries and blueberries, melted sugar-free chocolate.
Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender. Allow to sit for a few minutes while the waffle iron heats.
Spray your waffle iron with olive oil cooking spray. Ladle batter onto waffle iron and follow your manufacturers instructions for cooking.
This recipe makes 5 large Belgian waffles. Each large waffle is 2 servings.
Top with optional toppings if desired.
Store in the refrigerator and reheat in a toaster oven.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon. The opinions and text are all mine.