This low carb cranberry sauce has a hint of orange flavor, perfectly sweet but made without sugar and needs just 5 ingredients!
Keto Cranberry Sauce
Cranberry sauce or jelly whichever your preference is the epitome of Thanksgiving. Without it, the table is just not ready, and if not served on Thanksgiving someone will inevitably ask for it. With just a few simple ingredients and a wonderful sugar free sweetener, you can still enjoy cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving even if you're on a keto or low carb diet!
With a slight hint of orange zesty-ness and perfectly sweetened with orange flavored stevia you won't have anyone asking if it's healthy. If you don't have orange flavored stevia on hand, use plain stevia or even lemon would work.
Because it's so low in calories and carbs you can go enjoy some more pie! Maybe my Low Carb Chocolate Pecan pie is going on your table this year? I'd love to hear if you make it for family and if they can even tell it's low carb or low sugar, let me know!
Fresh Cranberries versus Frozen
Fresh is best but frozen can be used in this recipe. If using frozen, best to thaw the bag overnight in the fridge the day before you want to make the recipe, don't drain anything, use as is and follow the instructions below.
Sugar Free Sweetener Options
- I've used a combination of Swerve confectioners and liquid stevia orange flavored. If you aren't a fan of stevia, just add another cup of Swerve.
- Allulose is another wonderful sweetener that won't spike your blood sugar. Use the same amount as the Swerve in the recipe as it is about the same sweetness as Swerve.
- Monk Fruit is also another sweetener I use and enjoy. In granulated form it does combine monk fruit with erythritol. It is sweeter than both Swerve and Allulose so you would only need ¾ cup.
Low Carb Keto Meal Plans
Our membership is simple. You can subscribe for a month to try it out or you can subscribe for a yearly membership. Each Friday you will get a meal plan that comes to your email. You'll have that early in order to go food shopping before the meal plan begins on Sunday. You will be able to view and print the meal plan and the shopping list. If you don't like a meal, simply delete it and swap it with another meal you like. The shopping list will automatically adjust. It's the best software available out there for a customizable menu plan. Not many other low carb or keto meal plans allow you the option to remove, add, start with a blank menu and create your own if you so wish. Learn More about our meal plans!
Keto Thanksgiving Recipes:
- Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Keto Pumpkin Cauliflower Mash
- Pecan Cranberry Brussels Sprout Salad
- Green Bean Casserole
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Bread
- Pecan Pie in my Naturally Keto Cookbook!
Low Carb Cranberry Sauce
Low Carb Orange Cranberry Sauce
- Combine cranberries, water, Swerve, orange zest to a sauce pan.
- Boil over medium heat, stir frequently, mash cranberries if needed, for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add stevia.
- Cool slightly then taste and adjust sweetener.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Good for up to 3 weeks.