This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Beautiful Lemon Custard Pie is Crustless, Gluten Free, Grain Free and Low Carb!
This amazing lemony custard pie actually forms its own sort of crust. It’s light and refreshing for a spring or summer dessert. With just a few simple ingredients you can whip this beauty up in no time for a special occasion or just a weeknight treat!
If you’re a regular follower around here, you know I love custards. Anything creamy and I’m ready to dive in. I’ve adapted my Coconut Custard Pie and my Crock Pot Blueberry Lemon Custard Pie to make this easy pie that is super satisfying.
I’m a lemon lover all the way so I have a few recipes besides this one that might tickle your fancy to make. If you don’t want a large pie like this in the house perhaps my Lemon Mug Cake would be best as it’s just a single serving. I’ve also got a, easy creamy, lemon cheesecake mousse you might love!
The first time I made this I didn’t use a water bath to bake and that was a mistake. The entire pie cooked beautifully around the edges but the center was mush. So the next time I made this, I made sure it went into a water bath so it would be perfectly cooked without the outer edges of the pie getting dried out. Since the pie dish didn’t fit into a 9 by 13 baking dish, I opted for a turkey roasting pan and it fit perfectly. Lesson here is, don’t forgo that step of a water bath, it’s important!
Some simple berries and some sugar free whipped cream and this is Mother’s Day worthy!
But you certainly don’t need a special holiday to enjoy this custard, it’s fantastic all through the year, weekend or weeknight, this is a winner!
- No coconut flavor is evident using the coconut flour, but if you really are opposed to using it, try some almond flour instead.
- If you don’t have lemon stevia you can use plain or even vanilla stevia.
- If you don’t use stevia at all, you can use whatever sweetener you prefer that would equal about 1/2 -1 cup depending on how sweet you prefer your pie.
- I would not suggest swapping out the heavy cream, but if you do need it dairy free, possibly using coconut cream from the can would work, although I’ve not tried it.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Sugar Free Lemon Custard Pie
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites in a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- Fold egg whites into yolk mixture.
- Grease pie dish and pour batter in.
- Place a pie dish into a large roasting pan for a water bath.
- Place roasting pan in oven and pour in hot water half way up sides of the pie dish.
- Bake 1 hour and allow to cool then refrigerate until chilled.