This Beautiful Sugar Free Lemon Cream Pie is a low carb, gluten free and keto sensation that even carb loving family and friends will enjoy!
Sugar Free Lemon Cream Pie
Lemon lovers will adore this scrumptious pie! With a fabulous, flaky crust that is also low carb and grain free, even if you're not quite into lemon you might just find yourself needing to try a piece!
I'm a lemon lover all the way so I have a few recipes besides this one that might tickle your fancy to make. If you don't want a large pie like this in the house perhaps my Lemon Mug Cake would be best as it's just a single serving.
If you're into creamy custards try my Blueberry Lemon Custard Cake made in the Crock Pot, or my newest recipe without the need for a pie crust, Lemon Custard Pie! I've also got an easy creamy, lemon cheesecake mousse you might love!
Who is Sugar Free Mom?
If you've been following my blog for a while now, you know a little about my family. For those who are new around here, these are the facts:
- I've been sugar-free for 18 years, gluten free and low carb for the last 11 and keto for the last 7. You can see my before/after pics and read my low carb keto journey here.
- Hubby was not sugar-free and low carb and we've been able to let our food differences not hinder our happy marriage of 25 years. In 2018 he finally went keto, hooray!
- I grew up in an Italian household where carbs were the main source of a meal.
- My dad is from Sicily and a very old fashioned Italian who still asks me if I want a sugar filled dessert when I come over or bread. This is been ongoing for the last 12 years. I doubt he will ever stop asking, but he's my dad so I just let it go.
- My kids love everything I make, for the most part. They usually aren't AS picky as the husband.
Sugar Free Easter Pie
As Easter is soon approaching this will be the star of the day in my kitchen.
Every Easter in fact I have tried a brand new recipe to share with my parents, brother, sister in law and of course my own kiddies and hubby. I think at this point everyone is getting used to my sneaky ways!
It's pretty much a tradition now that it's been happening for so long. I think they secretly look forward to it, even if I can't ever get them to convert to a no sugar way of life.
BUT when special occasions arise, like holidays where I am hosting at my house, this is where I get to work on helping my family see that food without gluten and sugar is just as incredible as traditional favorites!
Making traditional recipes that typically contains a ton of sugar and having my sugar-free versions loved by family and friends, well that's just a giant leap in the right direction don't you think?
Low Carb Coconut Flour Pie Crust
Although my youngest son hates the taste of coconut flour, he can't tell my keto pie crust has any in it!
This gorgeous pie has been tested and approved by the picky youngest child who hates all things coconut.
Also by the 72 year old Italian father who really loves carbs, by the picky teen who pretty much eats anything and everything these days, by the pickiest critic of all, my hubby and also a few other unsuspecting neighbors who had no idea it was sugar free and low carb! All with rave reviews!
How to Make Sugar Free Lemon Cream Pie
You need a pre baked low carb pie crust, eggs, low carb sweetener, salt, lemon juice, sour cream, heavy cream, gelatin, and vanilla stevia.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In bowl whisk together eggs, Swerve, sour cream and salt.
Slowly whisk in lemon juice and lemon stevia.
Pour filling into pre-baked pie crust.
Place pie onto a baking sheet and cover around the crust with aluminum foil.
Bake until barely set, about 30-35 minutes. Center of pie will still jiggle slightly.
Cool pie completely before adding topping.
To make topping, place the water into a small saucepan and sprinkle over the gelatin.
Heat on low stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
Pour heavy cream into a stand mixer with vanilla stevia. Whip until peaks form.
Slowly pour in the gelatin mixture. Spread this over the cooled lemon pie.
Refrigerate 1 hour and up to a day, loosely covered. Top with lemon zest if desired when serving.
Sugar Free Lemon Cream Pie FAQs
Can I swap the low carb sweetener?
Swerve sugar free sweetener is less sweet than most granulated sugar free sweeteners that's why I included lemon stevia as well in the recipe. If you are using something other than Swerve you can remove the lemon stevia.
Can I make this dairy free?
Yes you can make this lemon cream pie dairy free. In the filling you can swap the sour cream with dairy free sour cream or coconut cream. For the topping, use dairy free whipped cream.
Can I leave out the gelatin?
Yes you can leave out the gelatin but it is a stabilizer so wait until ready to serve to add whipped cream. If making the lemon cream pie ahead of time you will want to keep the gelatin in the topping so it doesn't get runny in the fridge.
Do I have to pre bake the pie crust?
I used my coconut flour crust and pre baked it. Then I covered the crust well with aluminum foil before baking the lemon filling in the pie. I have not tried the crust without baking it first. I think it would have a soggy bottom if you don't pre bake the crust.
How many fresh lemons should I use?
I used about 6 lemons to get ¾ cup juice. This is Tart! If you don't like it very tart reduce this amount to ½ cup.
Sugar Free Lemon Cream Pie
Sugar-Free Lemon Cream Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In bowl whisk together eggs, Swerve, sour cream and salt.
- Slowly whisk in lemon juice and lemon stevia.
- Pour filling into pre-baked pie crust.
- Place pie onto a baking sheet and cover around the crust with aluminum foil.
- Bake until barely set, about 30-35 minutes. Center of pie will still jiggle slightly.
- Cool pie completely before adding topping.
- To make topping, place the water into a small saucepan and sprinkle over the gelatin.
- Heat on low stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- Pour heavy cream into a stand mixer with vanilla stevia.
- Whip until peaks form.
- Slowly pour in the gelatin mixture.
- Spread this over the cooled lemon pie.
- Refrigerate 1 hour and up to a day, loosely covered.
- Top with lemon zest if desired when serving.