When you’re looking to lose weight eating foods high in fiber is the best way to stay full longer. Greens should be your closet friend. This soup has five different and fabulous vegetables to provide you with a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals. Cook it once and eat it over the next two to three days for lunch or dinner. Completely cleansing and so low calorie you will be shocked!
44 calories is quite low for one cup of a hearty soup that isn’t just broth, don’t you think?
Although this may not be the most popular recipe on my blog I share it just the same. Of course I’d love to be your favorite foodie blogger around, but I’m not into just providing you decadent sugar free desserts. Still love me? 🙂
I made this recipe last week for myself when I did a 3 day cleanse & detox and it was exactly what I needed. Warm, comforting and satisfying. Doesn’t get much better than that to me.
Seen here with added edamame for some protein or add in some chicken if you like. With or without, you will find this better than any canned low calorie soup and of course way healthier!
**Please Note if you are on Phase 1 Week 1 of my Sugar Detox program, the carrots are not allowed at this time.
Serves 1 cup
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- optional: 1 cup shelled edamame (soy beans), 1 cup cannelini beans, 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped, grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium meat, add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add in carrots, celery and onion.
- Saute until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in water and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add in green beans (soy beans if using) and seasonings.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, add in fresh spinach and parsley.
- Cook until spinach is wilted about 5 minutes.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 1*
Other soups you might enjoy:
- Crock Pot Chicken & Bean Stew
- Low Fat Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
- Beef Spinach & Orzo Soup
- Lentil Escarole Ground Turkey Stew
- Healthy Beef Stew
- Sweet Potato & Turkey Sausage Chili