Sugar-Free Crustless Coconut Custard Pie is dairy free, gluten free and low carb!
Who doesn’t love a good creamy custardy pie??? Not too many would turn down a piece that’s for sure! You could serve this to any friend or family and never tell them it’s without sugar, dairy or gluten and they would never know!
It’s a perfect summer time pie chilled and topped with some fresh berries and dairy free whipped cream!
And with only 6 ingredients needed, low calorie and low carb, I’d say a pretty awesome pie at that!
I served this to my dad who is Italian, picky, stubborn and honestly doesn’t even like sweets much at all. He loved it so that REALLY should tell you it is good!
The first time I made this it was an adaption from my Pumpkin Custard and it was a piece of lead, literally hard and dense! My second attempt was much better, but still a little more dense than I was looking for. I had made it with 1% milk so even my youngest who has a nut allergy could try it. I forgot he really doesn’t like anything coconut so he wasn’t a fan, but the taste was right on! The other two kiddies loved it though. 3 times a charm right? Well this is the third and final and I’m happy with the results. I chose to try it out with almond milk since my youngest wasn’t going to be having it anyway and you know what? I loved it! So either milk you choose to use will work pretty well in this recipe, and that makes me happy.
- You can use another milk of choice., but it will increase nutrition info. The first time I made this it was with 1% and it came out great!
- This pie is only slightly sweet so if you’d like it much sweeter you will need to increase stevia to 2- 3 teaspoons.
- You can use another sweetener of choice. The amount of stevia I used equals about 3/4 cup sugar.
- You could use vanilla stevia if you don’t have coconut flavored stevia.
- I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten free flour.
- If you’re not sure how to seed a vanilla bean pod, these step by step pictures should help.
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 31mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With an electric mixer or stand mixer, combine milk, eggs, vanilla and stevia.
- Beat on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until thoroughly combined.
- Pour in coconut and mix on low speed for 1 minute.
- Add gluten free flour and mix on low speed for 1 minute.
- Spray a 9 inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into pie plate.
- Bake 40 minutes until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Let cool on stove. Refrigerate.
- Serve with fresh berries and Dairy Free Whipped Cream.