This Sugar-Free Mocha Mousse is low carb and made with just 4 ingredients!
Coffee lovers and chocolate lovers this is a recipe match made in heaven!
If you are anything like me, you equally love coffee as well as chocolate! Combine the two and it's a treat that just can't be beat! Take no time at all to prepare, a little bit of time to chill in the fridge and you're done! A decadent and satisfying dessert!
Creamy, smooth and thick and fluffy, melt in your mouth chocolatey with a hint of coffee that's what mocha is all about! If you've followed my blog long enough, you should know two things about me; my love for coffee and chocolate!
I could enough both every day like in my Caramel Mocha Iced Coffee recipe or in my Coffee Chocolate Crunch Ice Cream, but my favorite is my Coffee Cheesecake with my Sugar-Free Chocolate Drizzle all over it!
When you can make a quick treat like this, there's really no need to ever feel deprived on a sugar free, low carb diet!
I actually made this by accident!
I was trying to make some mocha truffles and kind of messed up the mixture so that it couldn't ever harden to form truffles, it made this awesome mousse instead! Sometimes mistakes work out even better than expected!
After you prepare it, just pop it in the fridge for abut 30 minutes so it has some time to marry the flavors together and thicken up!
I have a feeling you this will be your new Go- To treat to curb a craving!
- If you don't have sugar free chocolate candy bars like Lily's, try 85% Dark chocolate which is usually low in carbs and sugar is usually listed as the third or fourth ingredient.
- If you don't have the chocolate stevia you don't necessarily need it since it's really optional. Taste your mixture and decide if it's sweet enough. If not add whatever favorite sweetener you enjoy using. Start with a small amount first, perhaps just ¼ cup, then add more if needed.
- You can reduce the carbs even more by using unsweetened baking chocolate and chocolate liquid stevia, but you may need to add at least 1-2 teaspoons to get it sweet enough to your liking.
Recipe first published in Jan of 2016.
4 Ingredient Sugar-Free Mocha Mousse
- Whip your heavy cream in a stand mixer. Set aside.
- Melt your chocolate in 30 second intervals in a microwaveable bowl or over low heat in a sauce pan on the stove.
- Add the coffee and coffee extract to the chocolate and mix well.
- Pour your coffee chocolate mixture into the whipped cream and stir until combined well.
- Taste and decide if it's sweet enough, add sweetener if needed.
- Pipe into serving dishes, to with chocolate chips if desired.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to thicken mousse.