These Low Carb Pizza Pockets are made with a nut free, grain free, no yeast dough that comes together in minutes!
My kids love anything with the name "pizza" in it. I've got a new favorite way to make all the things they love like calzones, pizza and now even these awesome pizza pockets! I've even got some sweet recipes planned for this fabulous, mozzarella dough typically called Fat Head Pizza Dough.
The original Fat Head Pizza dough using almond flour sounds wonderful, but any recipes that have almond flour, unless it's just for me, can't be enjoyed in a house with a tree nut allergy kid like my youngest.
So I've had to get pretty friendly with a not so easy to work with partner, COCONUT FLOUR.
It can be so fickle to work with, especially in desserts, but slowly I am getting the hang of transforming many recipes to low carb using it, as I am quite limited on my options.
I've also been getting pretty fond of using sunflower seeds as a low carb flour choice and even sesame and pumpkin.
But today it's a pizza dough and you might think it weird it has coconut flour in it, but I must tell, my youngest hates with a passion all things that even remotely have a hint of the flavor of coconut. If he can taste it, he won't eat it again. THIS does not in any way taste coconut-y so do not be scared. The mozzarella cheese and the Italian seasonings I've used resemble everything a tasty dough should have.
Here's a quick video showing how easy this dough comes together!
My family ate all of these up for lunch one day. I was lucky enough to keep a few long enough to get some pictures, after I was done the rest were finished off. They are even good room temperature!
This dough recipe was also used in a few other recipes of mine:
- Low Carb Grain Free Pizza Dough
- Grain Free Bacon Cheeseburger Calzone
- Low Carb Grain Free Chicken Parmesan Calzone
Low Carb Pizza Pockets (Grain Free, Nut Free)
- 3 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup coconut flour I used Bob's Red Mill
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 beaten eggs
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Microwave mozzarella and cream cheese for 1 min and 30 seconds until mostly melted.
- Stir together to combine as best you can.
- Whisk flour and seasonings together.
- Add beaten eggs.
- Stir together to combine well.
- Wet hands and mix mozzarella and flour mixture together.
- Knead until dough is formed.
- Place between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll out forming a 12 x 16 rectangle and ¼ inch in thickness.
- Cut into 12 rectangles, add filling ingredients distributed evenly onto one side of each piece of dough, fold over and pinch edges closed.
- Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray and bake 12-15 minutes until golden in color.
- Enjoy immediately.