Juiciest Low Carb Chicken Thighs you will ever taste made easily in your slow cooker! This tasty Tahini mixture is spread over the chicken making a luscious broth. It's made with just 8 ingredients and it's gluten free too!
My first slow cooker recipe of the fall season and it's a winner! My entire family, all 3 picky kids, 1 picky hubby and my plain Jane sister-in-law all devoured this dinner. When it comes to easy this recipe can't be beat.
If you've never tried tahini, it's made from sesame seeds, basically the consistency of peanut butter and works well in many recipes replacing nut butters. My boys have tree nut and peanut allergies so I'm always on the hunt for ways to make a creamy coating without the use of nut butters. I had recently bought some tahini for a salad dressing I was making nut free and since I had half a jar left over I devised a way to use it up!
It certainly may not look the most stunning of all chicken recipes and obviously doesn't turn a beautiful browned color like in my Antipasto Stuffed chicken , but you can't beat the slow cooker for juicy chicken when you've got the right combination of liquid and spices.
Adding some simple sides to keep it low carb and dinner is served when you get home from work! Side to enjoy with this chicken:
- Oven Fried Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
- Oven Fried Parmesan Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Oven Fried Zucchini Fries
Hubby claimed this was the juiciest chicken I've made in the slow cooker in a long time! Melts in your mouth! I think you'll find this to be true for you as well!
- If you don't have tahini in the house you could peanut butter.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or mashed cauliflower and green beans.
Slow Cooker Tahini Chicken Thighs
- Pour 1 tablespoon of oil into the slow cooker then lay the chicken thighs in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the tahini, the remaining oil and remaining ingredients together and pour over the chicken thighs.
- Cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley if desired.