This tangy Sugar Free Keto Lemon Curd is layered between creamy Mascarpone cheese and optional blueberries, making this a quick and easy keto dessert parfait!
Easy Sugar Free Lemon Curd
With just 6 simple ingredients you probably already have in your keto kitchen, you can make this perfectly tart lemon curd in no time at all! Lemon curd is a delicious rich, thick dessert spread, almost like a lemon jam! You could use other citrus fruits as well like lime, or orange. It’s wonderful as a topping but in today’s recipe with pair this tart and tasty lemon curd between luscious smooth, sugar free whipped cream. We use mascarpone cream cheese in this recipe because it’s richer and thicker in comparison to traditional cream cheese, though you could swap it out if you prefer.
Options to Use Lemon Curd
You could eliminate the cream and berries to make this lemon curd parfait and simply just use the lemon curd as a scrumptious sugar free spread on keto toast, Keto biscuits, keto muffins or keto scones.
Tools to make Keto Lemon Curd
Microwave bowl- You can make this recipe in the microwave or use a double boiler if you prefer. The microwave will be quicker to make this lemon curd but if you’re opposed and have more time, opt for the drive top method below.
Double boiler - A double boiler is great to have on hand in your keto kitchen. It’s something I use regularly and helps to have one rather than looking for a clean bowl to fit perfectly over a pot on the stove.
Electric whisk - Of course this isn’t completely necessary, but it is convenient to help work quickly rather than whipping cream by hand for this recipe. An electric hand mixer or stand mixer will also be efficient.
Meal Plan Membership
Make your life simpler and stress free by joining our meal plan membership on a month to month basis or pay for the discounted 1 year membership. Weekly low carb and/or keto meal plans are sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Sugar Free Lemon Curd Parfait
Sugar Free Lemon Curd Parfait (Keto, Low Carb)
- 1 large egg
- 2 ounces Swerve sweetener granular
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2.5 ounces butter cut into squares
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoon Swerve confectioners
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup blueberries optional
- Whisk eggs and Swerve (erythritol) in a large microwave safe bowl. Add lemon juice and zest and whisk until combined. Drop squares of butter on top.
- Microwave in 1 to 2-minute bursts, whisking in between until the butter is melted and the mixture is hot.
- Microwave in 30 second bursts until mixture is thickened. Whisk the cream in at the end.
- Place in a bowl with cling wrap on the surface to avoid forming a skin, and chill until you are ready to use. The curd will thicken more as it cools.
- To make the mascarpone cream, beat the mascarpone, sweetener and vanilla together until they are smooth and well combined.
- Whisk the cream through the mascarpone until softly combined.
- Layer the curd, mascarpone and fresh blueberries in decorative glasses or pots.Garnish with more blueberries, or with fresh herbs, or lemon zest.
Naomi is the force behind Naomi Sherman | Food Creative. She is passionate about recipe development, food photography and styling. An accomplished home cook who was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease eight years ago, Naomi started to explore the connection between healthy, whole food and her symptoms, and a new love was born. She fiercely believes that what you put in your body is one of the most important factors for your physical, and mental, wellbeing.
I did not like the $13.99 price of marscapone at Safeway.
Can I freeze the curd?
What in the world is erythritol?
It’s a sugar free sweetener. The name brand Swerve can be found online or at grocery stores. It comes in powdered and granulated forms.
And it's linked right in the recipe directly to Amazon.
Is the amount for the Swerve sweetener (granulated) a volume measurement or a weight measurement? I find the Swerve heavy, so am confused as to whether I should use a scale or a volume measurer.
weigh out 56 grams