Sugar-Free Peppermint Mocha Pudding is pretty enough for guests but easy enough for any weeknight treat!
When I think about all the creative desserts I usually make, nothing is more loved than plain and simple pudding by my family. It is just a favorite in our house. Maybe it's the creamy texture or the fact it's a dessert I don't mind my kids having every day if they like, but however it came to be, pudding is a must in our home.
I can't seem to make it fast enough to keep up with my crew. It's usually gone within a day of making. I try to keep my pantry stocked with my Dry Instant Chocolate Pudding mix at all times. Taking our typical chocolate pudding to another level with some festive flavors is a nice change during the holidays!
With the new flavor of peppermint mocha liquid stevia from Sweetleaf, I knew our favorite chocolate pudding would be the perfect way to experiment.
While there is some coffee in this pudding, hence the name mocha, I made it with brewed decaf for the kiddies, we don't need them any more excited then they all ready are for the holidays right? Top with a little Sugar Free Peppermint Whipped Cream and every bite will be heavenly!
Sugar-Free Peppermint Mocha Pudding
- Pour cream and cocoa into a sauce pan and whisk until combined. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. Stir in the coffee. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the arrowroot with the egg yolks until smooth. Stir in the salt, peppermint extract and peppermint sweet drops into the egg mixture.
- Spoon a small amount of the hot cream into the egg mixture to temper the eggs and stir well.
- Add the egg mixture gradually into the cream in the saucepan, stirring constantly. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce to a simmer and continue to stir for 1-2 minutes, until thickened.
- Cool slightly, then transfer to serving cups. Place plastic wrap directly onto the top of the pudding so a skin will not form then refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy with some sugar-free peppermint whipped cream!