Sugar-Free Peppermint Mocha Pudding is pretty enough for guests but easy enough for any weeknight treat!
When I think about all the creative desserts I usually make, nothing is more loved than plain and simple pudding by my family. It is just a favorite in our house. Maybe it's the creamy texture or the fact it's a dessert I don't mind my kids having every day if they like, but however it came to be, pudding is a must in our home.
I can't seem to make it fast enough to keep up with my crew. It's usually gone within a day of making. I try to keep my pantry stocked with my Dry Instant Chocolate Pudding mix at all times. Taking our typical chocolate pudding to another level with some festive flavors is a nice change during the holidays!
With the new flavor of peppermint mocha liquid stevia from Sweetleaf, I knew our favorite chocolate pudding would be the perfect way to experiment.
While there is some coffee in this pudding, hence the name mocha, I made it with brewed decaf for the kiddies, we don't need them any more excited then they all ready are for the holidays right? Top with a little Sugar Free Peppermint Whipped Cream and every bite will be heavenly!
Sugar-Free Peppermint Mocha Pudding
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup brewed coffee cooled
- 4 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint sweet drops
- Pour cream and cocoa into a sauce pan and whisk until combined. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. Stir in the coffee. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the arrowroot with the egg yolks until smooth. Stir in the salt, peppermint extract and peppermint sweet drops into the egg mixture.
- Spoon a small amount of the hot cream into the egg mixture to temper the eggs and stir well.
- Add the egg mixture gradually into the cream in the saucepan, stirring constantly. Bring to a full boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce to a simmer and continue to stir for 1-2 minutes, until thickened.
- Cool slightly, then transfer to serving cups. Place plastic wrap directly onto the top of the pudding so a skin will not form then refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Enjoy with some sugar-free peppermint whipped cream!
Love the recipe but what are Peppermint Sweet Drops?
liquid stevia peppermint flavor, https://amzn.to/3DZlkzl
I'd love to make this without the arrowroot. Can I use xanthum gum to thicken it and if so. How much would you suggest?
I've not made this in a long time but I think 1 tsp xanthan would work.
There’s no recipe listed
My kids would flip over this!!!
This pudding is so pretty! You make such delicious looking sweets 🙂
These are so pretty. I love pudding. This one looks like something I would want a spoon in each hand for.
Everything is better with peppermint. I live for this time of year so I can add it to all of my desserts!
Lana | Never Enough Thyme
Oh yum! Love that peppermint/mocha combination.
Jessica (Savory Experiments)
I love little individual appetizers! So adorable and fun to serve!
Pudding is just one of those sure fire crowd pleasers. And even better with peppermint!
Yes please! Love chocolate and mint 🙂
Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes
The only way I like peppermint is with CHOCOLATE! Yum!
Oh yum - I love the combination of peppermint and chocolate - and the mocha must also be terrific!
This looks luscious! I definitely don't make pudding enough, thanks for the inspiration!
Chocolate and peppermint in anything grabs my attention. And I love the hit of coffee with it in your recipe!
I am realy enjoying all your sugar free dishes. I try to stay away from sugar and you really help . I save the ones I want in my pitcure then have to send them to the com to be printed and my husband says that I am using to much paper so can you tell me how to save them.you and your family have a very merry Xmas hope to hear from you soon Jeanette
Amy @Very Culinary
Anything with peppermint and chocolate. Gimme.