Valentine’s Day is coming in 3 days!!! What better way to show you care to your family and loved ones than by offering them a sweet, but healthier treat like frozen yogurt rather than ice cream!
Frozen berries in the winter are the best way to still get in some awesome antioxidants and enjoy a taste of the summer! Mixing it with some delicious yogurt and a few other simple ingredients and you have a fantastically smooth and creamy dessert without all the fat and calories.
Does your family love ice cream?
My hubby and kids do and I hate buying it! I’m sensitive to dairy so I have to limit how much I have but occasionally I can tolerate some and this is my choice. I received some coupons to try Brown Cow Cream top yogurt and fell in love with the texture. It is full fat and typically I steer away on a regular basis and use nonfat Greek, but in this case and for this recipe I knew Brown Cow would be the best choice. But you can really substitute another plain yogurt of your choice. I can’t say that using nonfat plain yogurt will really provide you a nice creamy frozen yogurt, but you can certainly experiment. For myself I would probably use nonfat but for the family who will compare this to regular ice cream, nope! This is a winning recipe and if my kids loved it, I know it’s good!
I’ve made it twice and it melts fairly quickly hence the pictures above. We added my homemade magic shell above and some homemade dairy free whipped cream.
FYI: If you do not have an ice cream machine, just freeze it. This frozen yogurt will never be hard like ice cream, more soft like soft serve, but incredibly yummy just the same!
Other frozen treats you might like:
- Low Carb Coffee Ice Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dairy Free Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Toffee Dairy Free Ice Cream
- Honey Vanilla Frozen Yogurt Drops
- Pina Colada Dairy Free Ice Cream
- Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender or use thawed frozen berries to blend in a regular blender or food processor.
- Once well Incorporated, add to an ice cream machine and follow instructions of manual.
- Without an ice cream machine simply pour mixture into an air tight container, cover and freeze for 2-3 hours. Makes 24 ounces.