This Easy Slow Cooker Recipe for Creamy Mashed Cauliflower is a winning Low Carb, gluten free recipe! Instructions also include steaming cauliflower if you don’t own a slow cooker.
Creamy Mashed Cauliflower can be as comforting as creamy mashed potatoes when you have the perfect combination of ingredients. This recipe is a winning recipe! It’s got simple ingredients and just a few at that, and a simple method for perfect mashed cauliflower.
Obviously if you’ve just started in a low carb life style, you most likely miss some comforting carb type foods you used to enjoy. To the long time low carb person, cauliflower is the dream vegetable that can really make a perfect substitute for many once loved “carb” foods.
Making cauliflower is super simple if you own a wonderful steamer it’s usually ready and fork tender in 25-30 minutes. Instructions below include not using a slow cooking and steaming the cauliflower on the stove as well. But if you’ve got a bunch of things cooking away on the stove or oven and your hands of full, the ease of using the crock pot is the way to go for this simple side dish.
Mashed cauliflower is either loved or hated by the family. My kids are not keen on eating it like this, BUT when I disguise the cauliflower in recipes they have no idea they are eating it.
Some winning HIDDEN SNEAKY CAULIFLOWER recipes my 3 picky kids and hubby love are;
- Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- Chicken Enchilada Cauliflower Casserole
- Bacon Cheeseburger Cauliflower Casserole
- Mini Shepherd’s Pot Pie
- Cauliflower Tortillas
- Mexican Cauliflower Lasagna
I love using Mashed Cauliflower over pretty much anything! This recipe is an exclusive called Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Kiev Meatballs from my 4 Week Low Carb Family Dinner Menu plans.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1 cup
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3g
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 310mg
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- 1 head cauliflower (about 8 cups florets)
- 8 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 ounces sour cream (I used Horizon Organic)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker. *
- Place your florets into thecrock pot.
- Set in on high and cook for 3 hours.
- Use a hand held mixerand pulse until the cauliflower is mashed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Keep mashed cauliflower in slow cooker on warm until ready to serve.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
If you have a standard steamer appliance you can skip the chicken broth while it's steaming and mix it into the mashed cauliflower after it's mashed.
Net Carbs: 4.9g