Sugar Free Sugar Cookies with a gluten free option!
Who doesn’t love sugar cookies during the holidays? These are made without sugar and you can use any flour of choice to suit your needs. I’ve made them originally with whole wheat and now gluten free as well. Both are equally delicious!
Don’t these look pretty? And they taste great too! Made with whole wheat pastry flour and sweetened with stevia, there is absolutely NO aftertaste. Easy to make cut out shapes with your kids and even frost if you like. Nice and flaky with a perfect amount of sweetness!
If you’re used to the texture of a softer sugar cookie than these wouldn’t be the ones to make. Check my Whole Wheat Refined Sugar Free Cookies instead sweetened with sucanat which is still alot healthier and better for your family than white sugar any day.
My VERY picky hubby who really doesn’t like many of ,my sugar free desserts and prefers all white flour and sugar products actually said these were good! That my friends is AMAZING!
Either sugar cookie you choose everyone will enjoy them and you can feel good about serving them and eating them yourself! They certainly won’t hurt your calorie budget for the day as one of these is only 80 calories!
Here are some other Holiday treats you might enjoy:
- No Bake Honey Peanut Butter Balls
- No Bake Chocolate Coconut Balls
- Three Ingredient Chocolate Bark
- Low Sugar Chocolate Bark
- Chocolate Hardening Sauce, (aka magic shell)
- Double Chocolate Cherry Refined Sugar Free Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Refined Sugar Free Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
*To make this without stevia and refined sugar free, check this post: Whole Wheat Refined Sugar Free Sugar Cookies.
Nutritional Information is using Bobs’ Red Mill All purpose Gluten free flour and does not include frosting on cookies.
- Serves: 48
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 48
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 9.6g
- Sugar: .2g
- Sodium: 28mg
- Fiber: .6g
- Protein: .9g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Swerve or 3 tablespoons powdered stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon liquid vanilla stevia or cinnamon liquid stevia
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups whole wheat pastry flour or Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer combine butter, Swerve or powdered stevia, vanilla extract, vanilla stevia.
- Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs until well blended.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add flour.
- Using a tablespoon, roll into balls and bake 10 minutes on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- To make cut out shapes spread dough between two pieces of plastic wrap, roll to ¼ inch thickness and use cookie cutters to shape.
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Makes about 48 cookies.
- Once cooled add my Sugar-Free Buttercream frosting!
Did you know I have a cookbook soon to be released on December 17, 2014. Right now you can pre-order on Amazon at a discount!