This quick and easy Low Carb English Muffin can be made in minutes from start to finish and is just 3 net carbs!
Keto Low Carb English Muffin
This gorgeous looking Keto English Muffin is so close to traditional that you will be wanting one every day and you can without guilt! This recipe was originally posted in April of 2016, but since it is such a popular recipe I decided to give it a little update with a video below.
I don't often crave breads since going low carb.
I'm more of a dessert kind of girl, if you haven't noticed or been browsing through my recipe index recently.
But I've been really missing having an English Muffin every once in a while.
I'm telling you, this will hit the spot if you've been wanting the taste of a real breakfast English Muffin bread.
What to Serve with Keto English Muffins
Use my Blueberry Syrup from my Dairy Free Cheesecake.
Keto English Muffin FAQs
Can I make these in the oven instead of microwave?
If you'd rather bake this than microwave, bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
I put this picture here so you can see for sure exactly how it looks when done cooking. Doesn't look like much of an English Muffin does it?
Do I have to Toast it?
Yes, you should toast the english muffin. Once you slice and toast it, the magic happens!
Can I make a larger batch?
Yes you can make a larger batch of this recipe. Here is my adapted version to serve for a family, Low Carb English Muffins for 4.
Can I swap the cashew butter?
If you don't like the nut butter I used, you can sub peanut butter instead, tastes just as delicious, but has a much stronger taste because peanut butter is not subtle!
Can I make this nut free?
Yes I've adapted this recipe to be nut free. Here's my 1 Minute Cinnamon English Muffin made without nuts.
How to Make Keto English Muffins
You need cashew butter unsweetened, butter, almond flour, salt, baking powder, unsweetened almond milk, and an egg.
Spray the 2 ramekins you are using with olive oil cooking spray or coconut oil spray.
Add the nut butter and butter to the dish.
Microwave for 30 seconds and mix until smooth. Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl whisk the almond flour, salt and baking powder together.
Pour the milk and egg to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Pour this mixture evenly into the two greased ramekins with the almond butter mixture and stir to combine well.
Microwave 1-2 minutes in 30 second intervals or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
Allow to cool a few minutes before taking it out of the ramekin and slicing in half to toast.
Toast until desired.
How to Store Keto English Muffins
You can make this recipe, bake in the oven or microwave, but do not toast until you are ready to eat it. Slice in half, wrap in parchment paper and place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze keto english muffins?
Yes you can freeze these keto english muffins. Cook, cool, slice and do not toast. Freeze like this wrapped in parchment than in an airtight container. You can toast from frozen though may take a few more minutes when frozen.
- I used a quiche ramekin because it's nice and shallow as opposed to a traditional ramekin which is deeper.
- One of my readers suggested adding the batter into a muffin top pan which I think is a great idea! Grease 4 muffin top cups then add batter, this way you won't even need to slice them in half! Just pop them out of the pan and toast them like that.
- Some readers have mentioned it is a bit salty, but I did not notice that. You can easily fix this simply by using unsalted butter and unsalted almond or peanut butter or just omit the ⅛ teaspoon of salt.
2- Minute Low Carb English Muffin
- Spray the 2 ramekins you are using with olive oil cooking spray or coconut oil spray.
- Add the nut butter and butter to the dish.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and mix until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk the almond flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Pour the milk and egg to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour this mixture evenly into the two greased ramekins with the nut butter mixture and stir to combine well.
- Microwave 1-2 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before taking it out of the ramekin and slicing in half to toast.
- Toast until desired.