This elegant low carb strawberry galette is easy to make at home with a delicious buttery and flaky crust and perfect for brunch, or dessert!
Low Carb Galette
A galette is a French term that means, "flat cake", a type of free form, flat, round crusty type cake filled with savory or sweet filling. It's a less fussy type dessert and perfection like a pie is not required. Folding over the fruit filled center to create a rustic crust is what a galette is all about. Novice bakers can easily make this beautiful and tasty low carb galette without trouble.
Toppings for Galette
Feel free to swap out the strawberries for any in season summer berry you prefer. The same prep method still applies for raspberries, blueberries or blackberries.
Simple sugar free whipped cream would be easy enough for this dessert or try some other ideas like my Keto Butter Pecan Ice Cream or Chocolate Sorbet!
Tools to Make Galette
Food Processor- To make perfect low carb dough quick and efficiently there is no better tool for your keto kitchen.
Parchment paper-Pre-cut parchment makes all tasks in the kitchen much easier.
Baking Sheet Pan- Use a large baking sheet pan for this recipe but obviously having more size options is always a good idea.
Low Carb Meal Planning
Our membership is simple.
You can subscribe for a month to try it out or you can subscribe for a yearly membership. Each Friday you will get a meal plan that comes to your email. You'll have that early in order to go food shopping before the meal plan begins on Sunday. You will be able to view and print the meal plan and the shopping list. If you don't like a meal, simply delete it and swap it with another meal you like. The shopping list will automatically adjust. It's the best software available out there for a customizable menu plan. Not many other low carb or keto meal plans allow you the option to remove, add, start with a blank menu and create your own if you so wish. Learn More about our meal plans!
Other Low Carb Berry Recipes you might like:
- Blackberry Fat Bomb
- Blackberry Gelato
- Strawberry Cream Pie
- Strawberry Shortcake Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Raspberry Cheesecake Mousse
- Raspberry Fool
- Raspberry Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Blueberry Coffee Cake
- Blueberry Crisp
- Blueberry Hand Pies
Low Carb Strawberry Galette
Low-Carb Strawberry Galette
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour or (125g)
- 4 tablespoon flaxseed meal golden
- 1 tbsp Swerve granular sweetener
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces butter cold and cubed or 50 grams or 3.5 tbsp
- 2 ounces cream cheese refrigerated
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs (of which 1 is for the egg wash)
- 14 ounces strawberries sliced or halved (approx. 2.5 cups) or 400grams
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoon Swerve granular sweetener
- 1 teaspoon lemon zested or ½ lemon
- ½ tablespoon Swerve confectioners (to dust)
- Place the almond flour, flax meal, erythritol, xanthan gum and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine, or mix in bowl with a spoon.
- Add the butter and cream cheese and pulse till crumbly or rub with your fingers. Add the apple cider vinegar and 1 egg and pulse till the dough comes together into thick crumbs. It will be a little sticky, don’t worry.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and shape into a ball. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for about 15 – 20 minutes, or until firm enough to roll.
- Meanwhile, prepare the strawberries. Place all the ingredients for the strawberries in a bowl and mix to combine. Leave to rest whilst you roll the dough.
- Roll the galette dough between two sheets of greaseproof paper to form a circle about 12 inches. Option to trim any stray edges if you like. Place back in the fridge for about 10 minutes to stiffen enough to fold.
- NOTE: If at any point the dough gets unmanageable and a bit sticky, simply pop in the fridge for 10 minutes to stiffen up again.
- Preheat oven to 400F / 200C /180 fan. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment. Place chilled dough onto pan.
- Spread the strawberries onto the chilled dough in the center (make sure there is no excess liquid) leaving about 2 inches at the edges. Wet hands or a spatula and fold over the dough edges. Any cracks just press together with your fingers to seal.
- Whisk the other egg with a fork in a cup and brush the top edges of the pastry. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until golden. Dust with sugar free confectioners if desired.
- Slice and serve with keto ice cream, whipped cream, Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt.
- Storage: Fridge, covered for 2 days
Thank you for posting this recipe. Mine needed 3 extra Tablespoons of Almond Flour to come together in a sticky ball. I had blackberries from last years picking in the freezer that needed using up. This was perfect. I thawed and drained them well before mixing in the fruit ingredients. Next time I will roll my dough circle a little thinner and do a second chilling of the rolled out dough before shaping with the fruit filling. I ran out of time to do that, but it still turned out wonderful! If I could add a picture I would. Thanks again.
Brenda…what’s your thoughts on using frozen fruit? Do you think there is enough Xanthan gum to thicken the extra juice? Hmmm…..
Yep I think frozen will work just fine.
Is there anything else that can be used instead of flaxseed? And I have to say, I haven't been disappointed by any of your recipes that I've tried & I've tried several.
Can this be made nut-free? It looks delicious.
You can evenly swap the almond flour with sunflower seed flour, I have and it is still delicious!
Hi! Looks delicious , can I use sunflower seed instead of almond flour?
Didn’t care for it. It was so tasteless, not sweet at all. The filling was divine…
So the filling was divine, but the pastry was tasteless and not sweet? Since the filling is sweet, the pastry does not have much sugar free sweetener, just 1 tablespoon, and we felt it was best like this. When you follow a recipe from a creator like me, we can't take into account your personal tastebuds and what will be sweet enough for me may not be sweet enough for you. The recipe is a guideline. We felt the sweet filling was sweet enough and the pastry didn't need to be. Also when you read over a recipe, if you know you like sweet pastry dough and see only 1 tablespoon in the ingredient list, best to add more for your own preferences.
Strawberries and rhubarb?
What can I use instead of cream cheese please?
Hi, what is the rolled size in diameter
Golden flaxseed meal? I can't get that in my country, assuming the color is golden.. Can I use something else?
just ground flaxseed is fine
Have just made this on a cold Australian Sunday afternoon served with coconut cream - just divine 🙂
Can I blind bake this dough to add cold lemon curd topping
Yep that will work!
Looks wonderful. To what size do you roll out the crust? Thanks.
I just made this and it was delicious. Nobody could tell it was low carb. It’s also a pretty presentation.
editha murphy edie
what is erythiol?
its mentioned inn the instructions but not in recipe? and how much
It is a sugar free sweetener called Swerve in the ingredients.