These Sugar-Free Low Carb Pumpkin Twists are made using my nut free Fat Head Low Carb dough recipe. They are very easy to make, gluten free, grain free and perfect for holiday parties!
These easy danish like pumpkin twists are perfect for holiday parties. No utensil required, just grab a napkin! Or enjoy these for a comforting brunch or breakfast on the weekend. They taste sinful and indulgent, but are healthfully made with the low carb in mind.
I’m sure you’ve seen them around on Facebook or Pinterest, the sugar filled carb crescent roll kind. That’s in fact where I got my first idea to turn my fat head low carb pizza dough into twists. I had seen a video for traditional ones and decided to give a go at a low carb version.
And it was worth it! These are fabulous!
Sadly, as this is the last day of November, this shall also be the last pumpkin post I shall make for this year. I’m just all done with pumpkin for now. I hope you’ve enjoyed my numerous pumpkin recipes this season!
- Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse Cake
- Pumpkin Pie
- Paleo Pumpkin Truffles
- Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Maple Cream Layered Mug Cake
- 1-Minute Pumpkin Spice English Muffin
These are lovely with a little drizzle of sugar free confectioners mixed with a little milk to make a fabulous icing! The brand I love is Swerve! I have to say I have tried other sugar free erythritol products and nothing is as fine and smooth as using the Swerve confectioners. Everything else I’ve tried is grainy and I am not a fan of grainy in a frosting.
Here’s a quick video I made to show you the steps to making this little twists.
- You can use any dough you prefer but the nutrition info below reflects using my dough linked in the recipe.
- You can use any sweetener you prefer as well. Simply do not add the yolk, add the sweetener of choice first, probably just 1/4 cup to start then taste and adjust. Once you’ve got the filling to your desired sweetness add the egg yolk.
- I kept these refrigerated although I don’t think it’s necessary but I prefer them chilled.
- Serves: 18
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 184
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Carbohydrates: 11.3g
- Sugar: 0.7g
- Sodium: 349mg
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Use my low carb pizza dough recipe
- Prepare the dough recipe but do not bake.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wet hands with water and spread the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- I made mine 16 x 11. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix the pumpkin, yolk, spice and sweeteners.
- Spread this filling all over the dough.
- Fold the dough over in half then slice 18 slices with an oiled pizza cutter.
- Separate slices about an inch apart. You may need two baking sheets with parchment as the twists will spread slightly when baking.
- Hold each end of each slice and gently twist once.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Cool then make the optional glaze if desired before serving.