Happy Fourth of July America! Independence day is a wonderful celebration in the United States and the way we celebrate with friends and family is always with patriotic desserts! Red, white and blue desserts that are not only low carb, and keto, but delicious, easy recipes for your backyard barbecue!
Keto Berry Trifle in Mason Jars
Traditional 4th of July Foods are typically high carb favorites, but being on a low-carb or keto diet, many July 4th recipes at most family gatherings will certainly kick you out of ketosis or cause sugar cravings, especially desserts.
No worries though, because I've already converted many high carb delicious recipes into low carb and keto recipes.
My Keto Berry Cheesecake Trifle is a great addition to your 4th of July celebration. The best part is how simple it is to make ahead and transport to your summer picnic.
Using individual mason jars is an easy way to keep this keto sweet treat contained while traveling to your July 4th cookout. It's also the best way to keep your portion controlled and makes it easy to serve to your guests.
Can I Swap the Mascarpone with Cream Cheese?
If you can't get your hands on mascarpone cheese from your local supermarket, you can swap the same amount in the recipe with cream cheese. I prefer using mascarpone cheese because from the fridge it is already nice and soft to use in recipes.
Be sure, if not using mascarpone, to soften your cream cheese packages on the counter for about an hour since when it is cold it is harder to make smooth and incorporate without lumps.
Can I Swap the Stevia?
Yes, if you don't like using liquid vanilla stevia for the cheesecake filling, please use my sweetener guide and conversion chart to convert another low carb sweetener of choice. Just use a small amount and taste and adjust after blending.
Is there another Low Carb Cake I could use?
Yes, if you would like to use another low carb cake instead of my Strawberry Angel Food cake, I have another option for you.
My Strawberry Shortcake cake will also work well for making these berry trifles.
Can I Swap the Fresh Fruit?
Yes, you can use any fresh fruit you'd like, just be aware that you will need to figure out the carb content from the nutritional information I've provided below.
Other fresh fruit options would be raspberries, blackberries or even chopped peaches or apricots.
How to Store Keto Berry Cheesecake Trifle
Once you've made the recipe in mason jars, cover each with a lid and place in the refrigerator for up to two days.
How to Reduce the Carbs in Berry Trifle
If you cut this recipe in half, you would make only one layer in your smaller mason jar instead of two.
For example, fill the bottom of the mason jar with angel food cake, add layer of cheesecake filling, top with a mix of strawberries and blueberries. Cover and chill.
Total carbs would be 4.5 grams and net carbs would be 4 grams.
Favorite 4th of July Recipes or for any Summer Party
4th of July Appetizers
Pigs in a Blanket (Hot dogs wrapped in keto fathead dough)
Side Dishes and Vegetarian Options
Best Desserts Made Keto
Keto Berry Cheesecake Trifle in Mason Jars
Keto Berry Cheesecake Trifle in Mason Jars
- 1 Keto Strawberry angel Food Cake Recipe Baked, and cooled completely
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese or cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia or see substitution notes above
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries stems removed and sliced
- 8 ounces fresh blueberries
- Once your keto angel food cake is cooked and cooled, cut the angel food cake into 1 inch cubes and place onto a baking sheet pan while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
- Place mascarpone, vanilla extract and vanilla stevia in a stand mixer and blend using the paddle attachment until smooth.
- Switch to the whisk attachment and pour in the heavy cream. Blend on low speed then increase speed as it incorporates until nicely combined. Taste and adjust sweetener if needed
- Place cheesecake filling into a piping bag or my easy Wilton piping tool.
- Layer the bottom of each mason jar with cubes of cake.
- Pipe cheesecake filling over cake. Add slices of strawberries.
- Repeat with more cake over strawberries, pipe cheesecake filling, add blueberries.
- Cover and refrigerate or serve with optional whipped cream.