Simple enough for any weeknight meal. Delicious enough for company. With a few ingredients and 4 hours in your crock pot you have have the most tender, mouthwatering chicken the whole family will love!
Pair it with any side dishes you like. It makes a nice light sauce so some healthy brown rice pasta would work well. Other sides you might like:
Or if you are avoiding potatoes at the moment add some nice veggies or salads:
- Spiced Cabbage & Onions
- Arugula Romano Salad
- Raw Zucchini Caprese Salad
- Mini Zucchini Cheese Bites
- Kale Feta Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Caps
Using boneless chicken thighs is best for perfect tender and juicy chicken, but of course you could always use chicken breast if you’re not a fan of dark meat.
My entire family loved this chicken and each child asked for seconds of it which rarely ever happens! Don’t be worried about the balsamic flavor, it is subtle and not strong at all. The kids will only notice how moist and tasty the chicken is, I promise!
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 24 ounces)
- sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley
- Combine the first five dry spices in a small bowl and spread over chicken on both sides.
- Set aside.
- Pour olive oil and garlic on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place chicken on top.
- Pour balsamic vinegar over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley on top to serve.
Other crock pot recipes you might like:
- Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Breasts
- Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Tenderloin
- Crock Pot Beef Burgundy
- Creamy Crock Pot Meatballs
- Crock Pot Chicken & Bean stew
- Crock Pot Shredded Mexican Style Chicken
- Creamy Pork Stew
- Crock Pot Pork & Pears
- Four Bean Chili
- Low Fat Crock Pot White Chicken Chili