Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse is a pumpkin and weight conscious lovers dream!
Pumpkin season has arrived! Creamy pumpkin cheesecake flavor but with a light and fluffy texture that is irresistible!It doesn’t hurt that this fabulous dessert is also low in carbs either does it?
This is my first pumpkin recipe of the season and there are many more to come in the next few months. So be ready and make sure you have some canned pure pumpkin on hand, not the prepared pie filling stuff either, just plain pureed pumpkin please. Boy that is a lot of P’s!! Bet you can’t say that too fast without getting tongue tied!
Adding a few cacoa nibs on top give it a little contrast in color, but you can add chocolate chips as well. It really is so quick and easy to make for a light dessert anytime. And who doesn’t love a no bake type recipe right?
You don’t have to use a piping tool to make the mousse swirl in the glass, but it makes it oh so much prettier. I, for one, am not good with a pastry bag so I bought this nifty gadget I love and helps me tremendously. Yes a pastry bag might be nice to just get to throw away, but I don’t have the talent for using it. I love this gadget instead!
A few Notes on the recipe:
- Feel free to change the cream cheese to whatever kind you typically buy.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice or can’t find it, substitute the following for the amount I used: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice.
Surprisingly even my kiddies were won over with this dessert and I thought it would just be for the adults in the house, HA, I was very wrong! The kiddies loved it and I had to share. But with only 5 ingredients needed, you can make this anytime at all.
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 132
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7g
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 117mg
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree ( not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2-4 full droppers vanilla liquid stevia
- In a KitchenAid or stand mixer blend cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until whipped and fluffy about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust sweetener to your liking if needed.
- Pipe into serving glasses and top with cacao nibs if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
The Sugar-Free Mom Cookbook has been Released!! Amazon is selling it at a discount right now!