Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse is a pumpkin and low carb lovers dream!
Pumpkin season has arrived! Creamy pumpkin cheesecake flavor but with a light and fluffy texture that is irresistible! It doesn’t hurt that this fabulous dessert is also low in carbs either does it?
Since this recipe has been a super popular one on my blog since first being posted September of 2013, I knew it needed to be back up in the forefront with some updated photos. So those who are new to my blog and those new as email subscribers can enjoy this easy 5 ingredient deliciousness!
This is my first pumpkin recipe of the season and there are many more to come in the next few months. So be ready and make sure you have some canned pure pumpkin on hand, not the prepared pie filling stuff either, just plain pureed pumpkin please. Boy that is a lot of P’s!!
Seen here topped with some Sukrin Gold brown sugar free sweetener. It really is so quick and easy to make for a light dessert anytime. And who doesn’t love a no bake type recipe right?
You don’t have to use a piping tool to make the mousse swirl in the glass, but it makes it oh so much prettier. I, for one, am not good with a pastry bag so I bought a Wilton Dessert Decorater gadget I love and helps me tremendously. Yes a pastry bag might be nice to just get to throw away, but I don’t have the talent for using it.
A few Notes on the recipe:
- I doubled the orginial recipe and changed out the neufchatel cream cheese for regular cream cheese, but feel free to change the cream cheese to whatever kind you typically buy.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice or can’t find it, substitute the following for the amount I used: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice.
Surprisingly even my kiddies were won over with this dessert and I thought it would just be for the adults in the house, HA, I was very wrong! The kiddies loved it and I had to share. But with only 5 ingredients needed, you can make this anytime at all.
The original recipe served 8 but now you’ve got plenty to serve as a dessert like seen here or use as a frosting!! Next week I will be serving up a brand new pumpkin recipe topped with this as it’s frosting. You won’t want to miss it so be sure you don’t. Best way to ensure you never miss a recipe is being subscribed to my blog.
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 214
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 13.1g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2g
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Sodium: 124mg
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- 2- 8 ounces packages cream cheese
- 1- 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree ( not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla liquid stevia or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: cacao nibs or Sukrin Gold Brown Sugar Substitute
- In a KitchenAid or stand mixer blend cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until whipped and fluffy about 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust sweetener to your liking if needed.
- Pipe into serving glasses and top with cacao nibs or brown sugar sub like Sukrin if desired.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
The Sugar-Free Mom Cookbook has been Released!! Amazon is selling it at a discount right now!