Sugar Free Lemon Mug Cake made low carb, gluten free, and a single serving for perfect portion control!
This easy lemon mug cake is perfect for when you just want a single serving and not have any left overs in the house. It’s gluten free, grain free, tree nut free and absolutely lemony!
If you live in New England or any place that has had frigid temperatures and a whole lot of snow over the last couple of months, you can be certain we are all ready for the spring season!
I am a lemon lover truth be told. Love them in my water, seltzer and in recipes as much as possible like this Sugar-Free Frozen Lemonade, this Strawberry Lemon Sorbet, and these delicious No Bake Lemon Cheesecake bars!
Spring time for me means lots of fresh produce and ingredients. The aromatic smell of lemons remind me of spring no matter what season it is. They’re just so fresh; I always feel rejuvenated when I can get my daily whiff.
I have even been known to ingest the juice of an entire lemon as a shot to help cure a sore throat. Might sound harsh, but I can tell you it works better than anything I’ve ever tried.
I’ve made this recipe 4 times before posting it. I am always looking for the perfect and moistest first bite. I tried with different combinations of coconut four, one time with some flax seed, then 2 eggs, then more lemon, but finally what I’m sharing is the best combination.
Not too much lemon, just enough. Perfectly soft in texture. And I can honestly say even if you are not a coconut fan you’ll love this. My littlest man hates all things coconut and loved this cake! The coconut is not noticeable at all, the lemon is the star, I promise!
This recipe was first posted in March of 2015, but I felt a little video was in order! Here’s my easy video for you!
- You can make this dairy free by replacing the heavy cream with canned coconut cream.
- You can use any sweetener of choice if you don’t like stevia, but if you’ve never tried it, I can guarantee you will love the lemon stevia in this recipe.
- This is a 7 ounce ramekin.
- Other Lemony Recipes: Lemon Cheesecake Mousse, Lemon Custard Pie, Crock Pot Lemon Blueberry Cake.
Other Recipes You Might Like:
- 1 Minute Sugar Free Chocolate Mug Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Red Velvet Couples Mug Cake
- Carrot Cake Mug Cake
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 191
- Fat: 10.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrates: 13.9g
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Cholesterol: 200mg
- Whisk the egg, lemon juice, cream and stevia together in a small bowl.
- Stir in the coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour batter into a 7 ounce ramekin.
- Microwave 1 minute to 30 seconds or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Top with whipped cream if desired!
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 4*