Do you enjoy breakfast for dinner occasionally? We enjoyed this dish recently when the hubby wasn’t going to be home for dinner. I just didn’t feel like making a big dinner and my kids didn’t mind at all It was hearty enough and satisfied everyone.
I started with my original Puff Pancake recipe and was planning on adding some blueberries, but the children requested banana. and. it. was. so.
It made 8 large pieces and we added sugar- free powdered sugar and honey on top.
- If you don’t have stevia you can use 1/2 cup of honey in the batter mix (this will increase your nutrition info) or you could try it without any since banana is naturally sweet.
- I used a 9 by 13 dish or a large pie dish is fine too.
- Substituting banana for some type of berries would be lovely!
- You can sub whole wheat flour for gluten free flour but add 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum and a 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk ( I used 1%)
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon liquid vanilla stevia
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and melt the butter in your dish while the oven is warming up.
- Watch carefully so the butter doesn’t turn brown.
- Blend all the rest of the ingredients in your blender or whisk by hand.
- Pour the mixture into your dish and bake for 15-20 minutes. Mine was perfect at 15.
The hubby had it the next day for breakfast at work. He doesn’t think it is like a pancake though, more like a soft breakfast bar. Since he didn’t have time to sit and eat it with a fork, he just warmed it and held it like a bar. He.loved.it. But I am still not changing the name. 😉
Some yummy Winter Fruit Gazpacho would be wonderful with this!
Other Puff Pancake recipes you might like:
- Whole Wheat Berry Puff Pancake
- Individual Whole Wheat Puff Pancake with personal toppings
- Single Serving Whole Wheat Egg White Puff Pancake
- Single Serving Chocolate Chia Puff Pancake
- Single Serving Gluten Free Puff Pancake
- Individual Protein Oat Puff Pancake